Update: Stephen Colbert and the FCC

May 19, 2017

When the FCC said it was looking into whether Stephen Colbert’s recent obscenity-laced anti-Trump diatribe masquerading as a monologue violated obscenity rules, the liberal media thundered that the Trump Administration was trying to censor its critics (boy, talk about a full time job!) But in fact, the FCC is required to look at any program if the agency receives public complaints of indecency about it. And they got a few complaints about Colbert. Actually, over 5700.

It’s unlikely that they will take action. But for future reference, if Colbert wants to avoid the FCC having to investigate his program for indecency, all he has to do is hire some writers who are capable of writing actual comedy rather than foul-mouthed leftist rants. Then again, if he did that, he’d probably drop back to third in the ratings.

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BELOW.  I READ THEM!

• Cathee Slade

05/19/2017 11:06 PM

I realize we have freedom of speech, but when such hatred is spewed across national television and internet, it should be banned and punishable; especially when it is against a President of our United States. The loss of respect is unbelievable. I do not watch Mr. Colbert as I do not condone his type of humor personally. To those find it humorous, I can only feel sorry for the kind of life they must exist in. Totally shameful behavior.

• Delores Quigley

05/19/2017 10:30 PM

Your sane comforting words keep me from getting discouraged. Keep on Love your" Down home sayings " My mother and Grandmother had tons of them as we were from rural ND.
    I am eighty four years old, never saw any thing like these crazy Democrats. Thanks for a sane
    view.

• Lynn Miller

05/19/2017 09:51 PM

This guy should be fired. Can you imagine if someone had said that about Obama? They would have been hunted down like a criminal. Remember Joe, the plumber, diagreed with Obama? It's a sad shape our country is in that a president is elected and because someone elses' candidate lost that everyone shoud be able to disrespect the sitting president like they have. What do they hope to accomplish. We don't have to agree with what his politics are, we have always had two sides. But never has it gotten so out of hand like it is. We are going to keep on until this world will be gone. God is still on the throne and it has happened before. and it can happen again. Just sayin'

• brenda carter

05/19/2017 08:54 PM

I will never watch his show again. Shame on all of you...

• Karen Bozeman

05/19/2017 08:38 PM

Thanks Mike for keeping us all up to speed on the ridiculous nonsense the leftist crowd rants over. I'm not a Cobert fan, but if this had been someone talking trash about our former president they would have been fired with no questions asked. The double-standard continues.

Update: Stephen Colbert and the FCC

May 19, 2017

LEAVE ME A COMMENT BELOW.  I READ THEM!

• Cathee Slade

05/19/2017 11:06 PM

• Delores Quigley

05/19/2017 10:30 PM

view.

• Lynn Miller

05/19/2017 09:51 PM

• brenda carter

05/19/2017 08:54 PM

I will never watch his show again. Shame on all of you...

• Karen Bozeman